Supreme Court Litigation
- Represented former Judge Advocates General, Military Judges and Senior Military Lawyers as amici curiae in defense of jurisdiction of the Court of Appeals of the Armed Forces. United States v. Denedo, 556 U.S. 904 (2009).
- Represented National Institute of Military Justice as amicus curiae in vindication of Guantanamo Bay prisoners’ access to federal courts. Boumediene v. Bush, 553 U.S. 723 (2008).
- Represented National Institute of Military Justice as amicus curiae in successful challenge to conditions of confinement of Guantanamo Bay prisoners. Rasul v. Bush, 542 U.S. 466 (2004).
Death Penalty Litigation
- Represented American Civil Liberties Union as amicus curiae in successful appeal of military death sentence. United States v. Curtis, 32 M.J. 252 (1991).
- Represented American Civil Liberties Union, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Association of the Bar of the City of New York as amici curiae in successful challenge to the Constitutionality of the military death penalty. United States v. Matthews, 16 M.J. 354 (1983).
Additional Military Law matters we have handled include:
- Representation of Navy nurse facing discharge for refusing to force-feed prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.
- Representation of Individual Ready Reserve members recalled to involuntary active duty.
- Representation of former service members in discharge upgrade proceedings.
- Representation of former service member in case of multi-year unauthorized absence.
- Representation of former service member in defense of action to recover military pay.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.