Brian is a patent attorney registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He has also prepared and prosecuted trademark applications and counseled clients on all aspects of trademark selection, clearance, registration, office action responses, TTAB proceedings, and licensing. Brian’s practice also includes freedom to operate opinions, patent due diligence, patentability, validity, and infringement analyses, as well as licensing and enforcement.
“My hobbies include creative writing, improvisational comedy, playing the drums, and attempting to get in shape.”
- Extensive firm and in-house experience in all aspects of intellectual property preparation, prosecution, management, due diligence, and protection of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and software technologies, including medical and dental devices, automotive components, aircraft engines and landing gear, liquid chromatography, construction, oil discovery, fluid systems, retail food packaging, optics, mobile phone applications, transportation software, and on-line auctions.
- Managed IP department of software startup company.
- During secondment with Fortune 100 client, managed patent portfolio and supervised outside counsel nationwide in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications over a wide range of aerospace and related technologies.
- Negotiated worldwide IP agreement for a client launching three new retail stores.
- Former engineer with experience in design, manufacturing, and material handling in the automotive and toy industries.
OPERR Technologies, Inc. (2017-2019)
Locke Lord LLP (2011-2016)
Gordon & Jacobson, P.C. (2007-2011)
Case Western Reserve University School Of Law (JD, 2003)
Cornell University (BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1997)
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Patent and Trademark Office