Chris is a senior member of the firm's litigation group. His practice consists of facilitating the resolution of commercial and intellectual property disputes through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution procedures and, where necessary, through the trial of actions before federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals throughout the United States.
Honors & Recognitions
Christopher Jensen "has a tremendous background in IP litigation – he is brilliant when it comes to resolving disputes." 2018 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
The Best Lawyers in America (2016 to date)
AV Preeminent (R) Peer Review Rated (Martindale-Hubbell)
"Super Lawyers" in Intellectual Property Litigation (2006 - present)
The Best Lawyers in America in Intellectual Property Law (American Lawyer Media, Inc. 2005-present), reprinted in New York magazine
Chambers USA as one of the leading individuals in Trademark and Copyright Litigation in New York (2016)
Thurgood Marshall Award by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York for pro bono representation of a death row inmate (1999)
Special Merit Award of the U.S. Attorney General (1979)
Chief of the Civil Division, United States Attorneys Office for the Eastern District of New York (1976 - 1980)
Community & Professional Activities
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Master in the Federal Bar Council Inn of Court (2003-Present)
- International Senior Lawyers Project - advising government of Malawi on revision of its intellectual property laws (2009)
- Treasurer, The Eastern District Association
- Arbitration Panel, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York (1975 - 80), Chief, Civil Division (1977- 80)
- "Edward Lee Elmore, Innocence and the Intern"Featured in CNN Documentary - Death Row Stories, 2013
- Are You Carrying Trade Secrets?The Industrial Physicist, 11.07.2001
- Welch Allyn, Inc. v. OBP Medical. Lead attorney for defendant in patent and trademark infringement action between two medical device manufacturers in the Northern District of New York.
- Interchem Corporation Corporation USA v. Prompt Praexis Laboratories. Lead attorney for plaintiff in an action for breach of contract and replevin of medical laboratory equipment in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Merkos L'Inyonei Chinuch v. Vaad L'Hafotzos Sichos, Inc.. Lead attorney for plaintiff religious publisher in related actions for trademark and copyright infringement in the Eastern District of New York.
- Fresenius Kabi, USA v. Interchem Corporation USA. Lead attorney for defendant in an action for breach of warranty for active pharmaceutical ingredient in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Helios International v. Cantamessa USA. Lead attorney for defendant in copyright and trademark infringement action for designer jewelry in the Southern District of New York.
- Elmore v. Ozmint, 661 F.3d 783 (4th Cir. 2011), successfully obtained the reversal of the murder conviction and release of Edward Elmore after thirty years on death row in South Carolina.
- Ederer v. Gursky, 9 N.Y. 3d 514 (2007) Attorney for successful plaintiff in leading decision of the New York Court of Appeals on the liability of partners in a law firm organized as a limited liability partnership to a withdrawing partner.
- WB Music Corp. The Leonore S. Gershwin Trust. Lead attorney for the heirs of George Gershwin in a interpleader action in the Southern District of New York covering the division of foreign royalties from songs composed by George and Ira Gershwin.
- Atlantis Information Technologies v. CA, Inc.. Lead counsel for plaintiff in action for breach of software license agreement for mainframe computer software programs.
- Madison Tyler Holdings v. Zone Equity Group. Counsel for defendant in action alleging theft of trade secrets relating to software for the electronic trading of commodities futures.
- USI, Inc. v. Avis-Rent-A-Car, Inc., American Arbitration Association, New York, NY. Lead attorney for Avis in arbitration trial involving dispute under a complex software license and computer services agreement
- NuPipe, Inc. v. American Pipe & Plastics - obtained a multimillion dollar judgment after trial in patent infringement action in Northern District of California involving technology for relining sewer pipes
- Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York v. Columbia Healthcare Corporation. Lead trial attorney in trial of trademark infringement action in Southern District of New York for Columbia University against Columbia/HCA Healthcare over use of Columbia name for hospitals in New York City
- Schubert v. Curtis Instruments, Inc., et al.. Lead trial attorney for defendant in successful defense of an action in New York State Supreme Court arising out of a disputed joint venture agreement for the acquisition of former East German electronics manufacturing firm
- Apparel, Footwear & Accessories
- Broadcasting, Entertainment & Music
- Computer, Internet & Telecommunications
- Finance, Banking & Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Veterinary Devices
- Non-profits, Religious Organizations & Museums
- Pharmaceuticals, Health & Wellness
- Professional Services Firms
- Publishing & Printing
New York University School of Law (JD, cum laude; Order of the Coif)
Columbia University, Columbia College
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Courtsfor the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of International Trade