Dorothy Whitney is mainly involved in supervising worldwide trademark registration programs for major corporations and in counseling and representing clients regarding trademark, licensing, and domain name issues and in handling opposition proceedings in the U.S. Trademark Office.
She also handles contract and corporate law matters.
“I love doing crossword puzzles, reading, traveling, watching the Yankees and playing with my granddaughter.”
Community & Professional Activities
- New York State Bar Association - Member, Sections of Corporation, Banking & Business Law and Intellectual Property Law
- Clients include Morgan Stanley, C.V. Starr, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Bank of Nova Scotia and Lafayette 148.
- Experienced with domestic and international clearance of new trademarks, dealing with trademark infringement issues in China, social media take down notices, domain name UDRP proceedings and the settlement or coexistence agreements relating to trademark contested proceedings.
- She has been a guest lecturer for several years at Brooklyn Law School regarding Introduction to Trademarks, Copyrights and Patents. She also has provided the written materials for an advanced trademark seminar entitled Trademark Due Diligence.
- Publishing '14 Seminar (May 2014) - Is that all there is? Moderator
- Guest Lecturer Intellectual Property Seminar, (Brooklyn Law School, 2012 - 2015)
- Protecting Décor, Building Designs, and PackagingCLL Restaurant, Food & Hospitality Seminar, (November 2011)
- Trademark Due Diligence, PLI Advanced Trademark Seminar
- The Prisoner's Right to Know: A Modest Plea for the Extension of Due Process (44 Brooklyn Law Review 1005, 1978)
- On My Mind Blog, 06.23.2021
Brooklyn Law School (JD 1979, cum laude; Brooklyn Law Review: Member, Senior Editor)
Union College (BA 1976; magna cum laude)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York