News & Insights
- Trademark Law Alert - New Email Address Requirement
Beginning February 15, 2020, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) is introducing a new requirement.
- Trademark Law Insight - Online Infringer Can’t Run from Trademark InfringementJoel Karni Schmidt
- CLL Hosts Federal Bar Council Wine and Cheese Program Supporting Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- VALENTINE'S DAY GREETINGSWilliam M. Borchard
On My Mind Blog
We succesfully represented our client, Major League Baseball Partners, Inc.
- THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING’S IMAGE IS HELD TO BE A FAMOUS MARK THAT CANNOT BE REGISTERED AS PART OF AN UNAUTHORIZED TRADEMARK FOR BEER
We prevented registration of a mark on likelihood of dilution grounds.
We enforce our client’s copyrights.
- WORLD SERIES is held to be a very famous mark that cannot be registered in the unauthorized trademark HIGH SCHOOL WORLD SERIES.
We successfully opposed a registration on likelihood of confusion grounds.
We established that cigarette rolling paper size designations are generic.
The Second Circuit affirms summary judgment for our client.
What They Say
“They are cost-efficient and have a very good network of associates around the world. They are proactive and come up with good solutions and suggestions to critical issues. And, also quite important, they are very nice and friendly people."2020 Best Law Firms
Meichelle MacGregor is "a first-rate litigator and counsellor who recently won a Client Choice award for trademark practice in New York."2019 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
"Cowan Liebowitz & Latman has an outstanding trademark team that is knowledgeable, responsive, cost-effective, and gets the job done in an excellent manner on behalf of the client."2020 Best Law Firms
- 2019 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
“One of the best trademark outfits in the United States”, Cowan Liebowitz & Latman is “an exceptional IP boutique that serves many leading brands”. “It is a huge player on the prosecution side, as it houses a raft of skilled professionals, which grants it a reservoir of expertise that few can match.” The group also boasts an enviable record in litigation and has been central in a myriad of important cases. “ The consistency of its lawyers and its longevity speak volumes to its quality.”2018 WTR 1000, The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
Founded in 1957, we maintain long-term relationships by providing sound advice, quality legal work, and highly-responsive, personalized service.
What We Do
We represent clients of all sizes across a broad range of industries. The boutique size of our firm, and the breadth of our practice capabilities, allow us to provide a multidisciplinary approach in a cost-effective manner.
Our experience spans a broad range of industries and is international in scope. We appreciate the opportunity of growing with successful companies and brands, as well as creative individuals and accomplished executives.