Jeffrey’s practice focuses on trademark prosecution, clearance, and maintenance matters. In addition, Jeffrey handles domestic enforcement issues and represents clients in contested proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
“I'm a huge University of Florida Gators fan who likes to stay active and enjoys a good laugh.”
Honors & Recognitions
“Robert English and Jeffrey Chery are exceptional attorneys that have managed our cases throughout the years. They understand the clients’ needs and market and find the best solution within an actual scenario, providing achievable and realistic results.” 2022 The Legal 500.
Named in New York Metro “Super Lawyers” as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2019)
Community & Professional Activities
American Bar Association
As a former Trademark Examining Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, he has extensive experience in managing and resolving substantive and procedural issues pertaining to trademark prosecution.
Has represented clients in many industries, including sports and entertainment, banking and financial, software, apparel, and consumer goods.
United States Patent and Trademark Office – Trademark Attorney Advisor
New York State Supreme Court, Kings County – Law Clerk for Hon. Delores J. Thomas, Hon. Herbert Kramer (Ret.), and Hon. Yvonne Lewis (Ret.)
United States District Court, S.D.N.Y. – Judicial Intern for Hon. George B. Daniels
National Basketball Association –Team Premium Licensing and Business Development Assistant
- Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman Hosts Association of Corporate Counsel Musical CLE Program at the Legendary Bitter End on Bleeker Street11.04.2022
- Trademark Law Alert—The Niche Fame of Monster Energy’s Mark is Unable to De-Claw the Toronto Raptors' Marks07.13.2021
- The Bitter End, 147 Bleeker Street, New York, NY (between Laguardia and Thompson), 11.03.2022
- Deborah Squiers will chair and Jeffrey Chery will speak at the PLI Fundamentals of Trademark Law in the Global Marketplace Seminar 2022.06.24.2022
- On My Mind Blog, 11.09.2022
- On My Mind Blog, 02.09.2021
- New York State Supreme Court, Kings County – Law Clerk for Hon. Delores J. Thomas, Hon. Herbert Kramer (Ret.), and Hon. Yvonne Lewis (Ret.)
- United States District Court, S.D.N.Y. – Judicial Intern for Hon. George B. Daniels
St. John's University School of Law (JD 2008) (CALI Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law and Race and Corporate Law; Dean’s List; President, Black Law Students Association; Secretary, Entertainment and Sports Law Society)
University of Florida (B.S. in Sport Management; Minor in Business Administration, 2003, cum laude) (President’s List; College of Health and Human Performance Dean’s List; Golden Key Int’l Honor Society; Co-founder and Vice President, Student Sport Management Association)
- New York
- New Jersey