Emily represents and advises clients ranging from start-ups and small businesses to Fortune 500 companies on domestic and international trademark, copyright, and licensing issues in a wide variety of industries, including luxury goods, electronics, financial services, professional sports, and food and beverages.
“In my spare time, I enjoy nature walks, attending gallery openings, and organizing volunteer initiatives including our firms bi-monthly sponsored dinners at The Bowery Mission.”
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Intellectual Property Law): 2022
Named in New York Metro “Super Lawyers” as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2017- present)
Community & Professional Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Has conducted all phases of trademark and copyright prosecution, clearance, and maintenance before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Outside the U.S., she has worked on trademark matters in dozens of countries, prosecuting foreign trademark applications, including international applications filed through WIPO, and maintaining international trademark portfolios.
- Emily has represented clients in contested proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- She has handled domain name disputes and UDRP proceedings, as well as issues pertaining to domestic and international enforcement.
- Leason Ellis LLP (Associate)
- Baker Botts LLP (Associate)
- Whitney Museum of American Art – Intern (Corporate Partnerships Intern)
- Merkley + Partners – (Creative Assistant)
- Deborah Squiers, Lynn Fruchter, and Mary Kevlin Selected by Super Lawyers for the 2021 list of NY Metro Area Top Women Attorneys04.06.2021
- "Litigation Before the International Trade Commission: A Powerful Option for Brand Owners, When the Shoe Fits published 2015 --Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal (assisted with research and preparation of article)
- Barnard College (B.A. in Art History & Visual Arts, 2009, cum laude)
- The University of Texas at Austin (J.D., 2014; Editor-in-Chief of Texas Intellectual Property Journal)
- New York