Emily has experience advising clients ranging from start-ups and small businesses to Fortune 500 companies on international trademark, copyright, and licensing issues in a wide variety of industries, including luxury goods, electronics, financial services, professional sports, and food and beverages.
Emily has conducted all phases of trademark and copyright prosecution, clearance, and maintenance before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Outside the U.S., she has worked on trademark matters in dozens of countries, prosecuting foreign trademark applications, including international applications filed through WIPO, and maintaining international trademark portfolios. In addition, Emily has experience representing clients in contested proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and handles domain name disputes and UDRP proceedings, as well as issues pertaining to domestic and international enforcement.
Honors & Recognitions
- Named in New York Metro “Super Lawyers” as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2017)
Community & Professional Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Leason Ellis LLP (Associate)
- Baker Botts LLP (Associate)
- Whitney Museum of American Art – Intern (Corporate Partnerships Intern)
- Merkley + Partners – (Creative Assistant)
- "Litigation Before the International Trade Commission: A Powerful Option for Brand Owners, When the Shoe Fits published 2015 --Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal (assisted with research and preparation of article)
- Barnard College (B.A. in Art History & Visual Arts, 2009, cum laude)
- The University of Texas at Austin (J.D., 2014; Editor-in-Chief of Texas Intellectual Property Journal)
- New York