Lynn concentrates on intellectual property with particular experience in trademark licenses. Lynn also oversees domestic and international trademark programs for clients in the entertainment, toy, food and lifestyles, financial services and cosmetic industries.
Honors & Recognitions
Lynn Fruchter is "someone clients look to for trademark licensing matters and portfolio management across a range of industries [and] brings more than four decades of experience to a still-robust practice, which includes work on a number of Sony Pictures’ most famous properties.” 2023 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
“Fruchter is prized for her vast experience, particularly in the trademark licensing space.” 2022 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
“Lynn Fruchter has done yeoman work on our behalf. They know what they are doing and they take the time to explain what we needs to know.” 2021 The Legal 500
"Lynn Fruchter … is top rated for rights management and licensing." 2020 WTR 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals
Lynn Fruchter “provides helpful advice in the most efficient and cost-effective manner and can be highly recommended to anyone looking for really experienced trademark counsel." 2019 WTR 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals
Named in WTR 1000 – World Leading Trademark Professionals, Individuals: for Prosecution and Strategy (2018 to present)
- "Lawyer of the Year" for NYC in Trademark Law (2022) by Best Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America for Trademark Law (2015 to present)
- New York "Super Lawyers" The Top Women in Intellectual Property (2013 to present)
- New York "Super Lawyers" in Intellectual Property (2012 to present)
Community & Professional Activities
New York State Bar Association
- Co-Head of the Trademark/Copyright Group
- Experienced in trademark licensing and oversees domestic and international trademark protection programs for diverse clients in the entertainment, toy, food, lifestyles, financial services and cosmetic industries.
- Clients include Sony Pictures Entertainment, MLB Network, The Blackstone Group and Emeril Lagasse.
- Supervised extensive U.S. and international trademark registration programs and contested proceedings for Sony Pictures Entertainment regarding the motion picture and television program trademarks JUMANJI, MEN IN BLACK, GHOSTBUSTERS, BREAKING BAD, and CHARLIE’S ANGELS as used for various articles of merchandise.
- Chaired the Practising Law Institute’s Basic Trademark Law program (1998 to 2018).
- Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays & Handler, Associate (1975 - 83)
- Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman is Proud to Have 17 Lawyers Listed in the 2024 Editions of The Best Lawyers in America and the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America Publications09.13.2023
- Deborah Squiers, Lynn Fruchter, and Mary Kevlin Selected by Super Lawyers for the 2021 list of NY Metro Area Top Women Attorneys04.06.2021
- NYU Law School - Adjunct Professor for Basic Trademarks Course - Fall 2007; Guest Lecturer on Licensing
Harvard University Law School (JD 1975, cum laude)
University of Pennsylvania (BA 1972, magna cum laude)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit