Simon has more than 30 years of experience counseling and attending to the varied commercial and corporate needs of established privately-held businesses and their principals.
He also attends to the special entrepreneurial needs of start-up companies and their founders, including the selection, organization, and governance of business entities, mergers and acquisitions and financings.
Simon also has significant experience in residential and commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leasing, property acquisitions, multi-million dollar financings, and tax-advantaged exchange property transactions.
More recently, building on his corporate experience, Simon has devoted significant attention to transactional and licensing matters in the technology area.
Simon has served on the firm’s Executive Committee and as its Administrative Partner.
“In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.”
Community & Professional Activities
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Sections of Corporation, Banking & Business and Computer Law, Business Law Section - Committee on the Law of Commerce in Cyberspace
- New York State Bar Association Real Property Section Computers & Technology Task Force
- Head of the Commercial Group
- Merger of medical practice management software company with Internet-based public company
- Establishment of $85 million private venture capital fund for investment in selective companies
- Industrial Development Agency financings
- Sale of $15 million of corporate obligation to private insurance companies
- Restructuring of $45 million in company debt obligations
- $20 million equity and debt investment in electronics company
- Approximately $100 million in real property tax advantage exchange transactions
- Numerous corporate and commercial real estate financings
- Office of the Special Prosecutor, New York, New York, Special Assistant
- Attorney General (1974- 79)
St. John's University School of Law (JD 1974; Member, Order of the Barristers; Member, Chief Justice, Moot Court 1973- 74)
Long Island University (BA 1971, magna cum laude)
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit