Bob concentrates on succession planning and estate and trust administration.
He also handles significant commercial transactions, including the purchase and sale of publishing and other media related companies and businesses involved in the sale, distribution or manufacture of various consumer products.
He represents individuals and businesses before the IRS and state taxing authorities (particularly in cases involving residency, sales tax issues and matters relating to the cable TV and communications industry).
“In my limited free time, I enjoy playing golf, watching sports and solving crossword puzzles.”
Honors & Recognitions
New York "Super Lawyers" (2018- present)
Community & Professional Activities
- New York State Bar Association - Tax Section: NYS Sales and Miscellaneous Taxes Committee, Estates & Trusts Committee
- American Bar Association
- Chairman of Scotch Plains Parks and Recreation Commission (2005-2014)
- Supervise monthly local soup kitchen
- Head of the Trusts & Estates Group
- Clients include Rizzoli International Publications, Grey House Publishing, Inter Chem Trading Corp., Elk Lighting Group, Fisher Marantz Stone, Inc.
- Representation of Thinkingdom, Inc. in purchase of Boyds Mills Press.
- Representation of music publisher in sale of assets
- Representation of children’s clothing manufacturer in sale of assets
- Representation of lighting fixture and home furnishing manufacturer in purchase of various entities
- Advise and counsel closely held businesses in general matters such as shareholder agreements, corporate structuring and buy/sell agreements buyout
- Structure estate plans for high net worth individuals to achieve tax and family planning objectives through alternatives such as GRAT’s, QPRT’s, revocable and irrevocable trusts and charitable trusts.
Spicer & Oppenheim, CPAs - Tax Manager (1984; 1990)
- Client Alert: Notable 2009 Estate and Income Tax Changes (May, 2009)
- On My Mind Blog, 11.04.2014
New York University School of Law (LLM Tax 1991)
St. John's University School of Law (JD 1984; American Jurisprudence Award in Business Organizations; Deans List 1983, 84)
Queens College of the City University of New York (BA 1981)
- New York
- United States Tax Court