Meichelle practices in the IP and litigation fields and counsels clients on a wide range of intellectual property including trademarks, trade dress, licensing, copyrights, domain names and e-commerce. She also handles commercial and corporate disputes.
Her clients include large and small companies in the fashion, finance, publishing, sports and food and beverage industries.
Honors & Recognitions
“Highly effective and efficient. An expert in her field. Creative and sure handed. Does not rattle in messy litigation and able to see around corners to determine most effective approach. Can sense what motivates the other side, which helps determine how aggressive we need to be. Also, very pleasant to work with. True fiduciary.” 2022 client comment to Who’s Who Legal.
“MacGregor litigates with confidence and poise too, but also handles major strategic branding initiatives with alacrity.” 2022 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
"Meichelle MacGregor is 'a first-rate litigator and counsellor who recently won a Client Choice award for trademark practice in New York'." 2019 WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
"Meichelle MacGregor is 'aware and appreciative of corporate goals.' She is 'to-the-point and incredibly strategic. She excels at breaking down complex problems and understands how to take a practical stance to get a situation moving. In addition, her communication skills are superb'." 2018 WTR 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals
Client Choice Award: Intellectual Property: Trademarks in New York (2018), recognizes Meichelle MacGregor for excellence in client service in the field of Intellectual Property, Trademarks
Named in WTR 1000 World Leading Trademark Professionals, Individuals: for Prosecution and Strategy (2021)
Community & Professional Activities
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York County Lawyers Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Meichelle has extensive experience in both state and federal courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Counsels and litigates for clients on a wide variety of trademark, trade dress, domain name, licensing and e-commerce disputes
- Clients include Starr Companies, H. Best (2(X)IST) and others in the fashion, finance, publishing, food and beverage industries, manufacturing, mining and chemical industries.
- Meichelle also has been an Adjunct Professor at New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, where she taught International Intellectual Property Law
Hon. Bernard J. Fried, Acting Supreme Court Justice, New York County, Law Clerk (1994 - 96)
- Four CLL Attorneys are Attending the 2020 International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting11.16.2020
- Website Law Alert - A Website’s Non-Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Copyright Act Can be Expensive03.13.2019
- Client Choice Award: Intellectual Property: Trademarks in New York (2018), recognizes Meichelle MacGregor for excellence in client service in the field of Intellectual Property, Trademarks2018
- Higher Education and IP Law, US Trademarks, DIFI - Danish Institute of Immaterial Science Education (December 2018)12.2018
- Speech: Recent Fashion Industry Cases, at CLL's Fashion Seminar, Fashion Technology & the Internet (June 13, 2013)06.13.2013
- Speech: Recent Industry Cases, at CLL Restaurant, Food & Hospitality Industry Seminar entitled Eating, Sleeping & Tweeting (November 16, 2010)11.16.2010
- Guest lecturer on 'Domain Names' at New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies (Fall 2009)Fall 2009
- Article: 'What's in a Name: Domain Names and Trademarks in the New Media Environment,' Representing the New Media Company, Practising Law Institute (2002)2002
- Edible Arrangements International, LLC and Edible Arrangements, LLC v. 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc. and 800-Flowers.com, Inc. et al.,Case No. 3:14-cv-01744 (D. Conn. 2014).: Represented Plaintiffs in trademark infringement action alleging that Defendants’ use of various marks, keywords and designs infringed Plaintiffs trademarks and trade dress.
- Edible Arrangements International, LLC and Edible Arrangements, LLC v. Provide Commerce, Inc., Case No. 3:14-cv-00250-VLB (D. Conn. 2014). Represented Plaintiffs in infringement and related claims based on Defendant’s use of keywords containing Plaintiffs’ trademarks.
- Debijou, Inc. v. Bachouro, et. al., Index No. 08-600436 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. County 2009). Successfully defended client against breach of contract claims and obtained an award of sanctions and attorneys' fees against plaintiff.
- Wallach v. Longevity Network, Ltd., (C.D. Cal. 2006). Successfully defended appeal of TTAB order canceling Plaintiff's registration for the mark AMERICAN LONGEVITY and prosecuted counterclaims for trademark infringement and unfair competition resulting in $3.1 million verdict.
- Henegan Construction Co., Inc. v. Heneghan Contracting Corp., 63 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1984 (S.D.N.Y. 2002). Successfully prosecuted claim for trademark infringement and unfair competition.
Brooklyn Law School (JD 1994, magna cum laude; Brooklyn Journal of International Law)
State University of New York at Binghamton (BA)
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan