Bob's practice focuses on domestic and international trademark prosecution and enforcement matters. He has represented clients in the craft beer, apparel, musical instrument, software, advertising, beauty, art and entertainment industries.
Bob has experience representing clients in connection with a variety of intellectual property-related transactional matters, including licensing, asset purchase and joint development agreements. Bob also practices before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and has litigated trademark, trade secret, and unfair competition matters.
Honors & Recognitions
“Robert English and Jeffrey Chery are exceptional attorneys that have managed our cases throughout the years. They understand the clients’ needs and market and find the best solution within an actual scenario, providing achievable and realistic results.” 2022 The Legal 500.
“The partner responsible for the matters is Robert J. English. He is very knowledgeable about intellectual property, flexible and quick to respond. He is a pleasure to work with.” 2022 The Legal 500.
Named in New York Metro "Super Lawyers" as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2014 & 2018)
Community & Professional Activities
- Concentrates on domestic and international trademark prosecution and enforcement matters and represents clients in domain name disputes and IP transactions involving licensing, asset purchases and joint development agreements
- Provides significant legal counseling to start-ups and established companies alike in the burgeoning craft brewery industry
- Advises and represents The First Church of Christ, Scientist and Sotheby’s, G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (DKNY and DONNA KARAN), Buckle Inc., and Shake-N-Go, among other clients in the apparel, musical instrument, software, advertising, beauty, art and entertainment industries
- Supervises the foreign registration, as well as enforcement programs for Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.
- Associate - Bienstock & Michael, P.C. (2008 - 2011)
- Brewery Industry Insight - An Opposer Must Prove that Beer is Related to Other Alcoholic Beverages in Each Case11.18.2020
- Four CLL Attorneys are Attending the 2020 International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting11.16.2020
- Brewery Industry Insight - Different Parties May Register the Identical Mark for Beer and Restaurant Services09.15.2020
- Brewing Industry Insight – How to register a trademark for beer that is similar to a trademark for another alcoholic beverage02.26.2019
- Brewery’s Sale of ROGUE clothing to promote its ROGUE Beer prevails against Clothing Company’s subsequent sale of ROGUE clothing in Department StoresWinter 2019
- Spring, 2018
- Albany, New York, 03.10.2022
- Robert English Will Participate in a Panel Discussion on Intellectual Property Protection for Fashion Businesses10.14.2021
- Deborah Squiers will chair and she and Robert English will speak at PLI's 2021 Fundamentals of Trademark Law in Global Marketplace program06.25.2021
- Deborah Squiers chaired and she and Robert English spoke at PLI's 2020 Fundamentals of Trademark Law in Global Marketplace programPLI New York Center, 06.26.2020
- Deborah Squiers will chair and she and Robert English will speak at PLI's Fundamentals of Trademark Law in Global Marketplace programPLI New York Center, 06.29.2018
- On My Mind Blog, 06.25.2020
J.D. Brooklyn Law School (2007)
- Moot Court Honor Society, Appellate Division
BA Philosophy SUNY Binghamton (2001)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York