Bob's practice focuses on domestic and international trademark prosecution and enforcement matters. He has represented clients in the craft beer, apparel, musical instrument, software, advertising, beauty, art and entertainment industries.
Bob has experience representing clients in connection with a variety of intellectual property-related transactional matters, including licensing, asset purchase and joint development agreements. Bob also practices before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and has litigated trademark, trade secret, and unfair competition matters.
Honors & Recognitions
Named in New York Metro "Super Lawyers" as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2014)
Community & Professional Activities
- Concentrates on domestic and international trademark prosecution and enforcement matters and represents clients in domain name disputes and IP transactions involving licensing, asset purchases and joint development agreements
- Provides significant legal counseling to start-ups and established companies alike in the burgeoning craft brewery industry
- Advises and represents The First Church of Christ, Scientist and Sotheby’s, G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (DKNY and DONNA KARAN), Buckle Inc., and Shake-N-Go, among other clients in the apparel, musical instrument, software, advertising, beauty, art and entertainment industries
- Supervises the foreign registration, as well as enforcement programs for Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.
- Associate - Bienstock & Michael, P.C. (2008 - 2011)
- Brewery Industry Insight - Different Parties May Register the Identical Mark for Beer and Restaurant Services09.15.2020
- Brewing Industry Insight – How to register a trademark for beer that is similar to a trademark for another alcoholic beverage02.26.2019
- Brewery’s Sale of ROGUE clothing to promote its ROGUE Beer prevails against Clothing Company’s subsequent sale of ROGUE clothing in Department StoresWinter 2019
- Spring, 2018
- Deborah Squiers chaired and she and Robert English spoke at PLI's 2020 Fundamentals of Trademark Law in Global Marketplace programPLI New York Center, 06.26.2020
- Deborah Squiers will chair and she and Robert English will speak at PLI's Fundamentals of Trademark Law in Global Marketplace programPLI New York Center, 06.29.2018
- On My Mind Blog, 06.25.2020
J.D. Brooklyn Law School (2007)
- Moot Court Honor Society, Appellate Division
BA Philosophy SUNY Binghamton (2001)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York