Dasha’s practice encompasses a broad range of intellectual property matters, including trademarks, copyrights, domain names, unfair competition and patents.
Dasha regularly litigates disputes in federal and state courts, and has extensive experience with contested proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and with UDRP domain name dispute proceedings before the World Intellectual Property Organization. At the same time, she is skilled at resolving disputes in creative and cooperative ways, both within and outside the context of legal proceedings.
In addition to handling adversarial matters, Dasha also advises clients on the clearance, prosecution, registration, management and enforcement of trademarks and domain names. Her litigation background also allows her to counsel her clients with a view to avoiding unnecessary controversies while protecting valuable rights.
Dasha works with a wide variety of clients, including fashion and lifestyle companies, start-ups, hotels and restaurants, wine and food businesses, charitable organizations, technology firms, and many others.
“What is once done well is done forever.”- Henry David Thoreau
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Intellectual Property Law): 2022
Named in IP Stars (Managing IP 2021 -- “Rising Star”)
Named in New York Metro “Super Lawyers” as a Rising Star in Intellectual Property (2021)
Community & Professional Activities
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Federal Bar Council
Chair of the International Trademark Association’s Internet Committee’s "Future of IP on the Internet" Subcommittee (2022-23)
- Clients for whom she has worked in federal court include Global Association of Risk Professionals (trademark infringement case); FullBeauty Brands Inc./Jessica London Inc. (sandal trade dress infringement claim); Warner Music Group and Atlantic Recording Corp. (breach of contract case involving copyright royalties); Sony Music Entertainment (copyright infringement case); SCS Direct Inc. (Cards Against Humanity case), Edible Arrangements; Hudson Outerwear (Coogi Partners case); Maxima (sneaker trade dress infringement claim); and QVC (successful DENIM & CO. ex parte appeal involving issues of deceptiveness and misdescriptiveness).
- Clients for whom she has worked in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board include Major League Baseball Properties; Warby Parker; Share A Splash Wine Co.; DKNY; Sanofi; Dante NYC; Branchwater Farms; Lark Hotels; and Nasty Pig.
- Other clients for whom she has worked include J. Crew; Madewell; Dante NYC; Nowon; Amenta Nutrition; Blockchain Mining Supply & Services; Meg; Cult of 8; SSP America; Keep Moving (GUTZY ORGANIC prebiotic snacks); Real Coffee ApS; Maxima Apparel; Whitehorse Liquidity Partners; REAL COFFEE ApS.
Pryor Cashman LLP (Summer Associate 2013, Associate 2014-2016)
- Copyright Developments, 08.17.2021
- Copyright Developments, 04.27.2021
- Copyright Developments, 01.12.2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Finds No Copyright Protection for Works Prepared by Legislators or Judges in the Course of Official DutiesCopyright Developments, 05.01.2020
- Copyright Developments, 12.19.2019
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. 2014; Georgetown Journal of International Law, Managing Editor)
Georgetown University (B.S. in Culture & Politics 2009, cum laude)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York